In the quest for something unique and trendy people are looking at various other metals for jewelry other than gold and diamond. Especially young men these days are showing their liking towards Titanium and Steel and no wonder you can see a lot of mens stainless steel rings in retail stores. Check the link fashionista.com/2017/12/fine-jewelry-industry-millennials to learn more about changing trends. Due to its durability and its macho design men prefer them as their wedding rings. Before you decide to buy a stainless steel ring, it is best to know all the advantages and disadvantages of them.
Stainless steel rings are tempting men with their durability and great designs. Apart from that, they are also cost-effective, there are many more advantages that this metal offers.
● Strength and durability: Steel is an alloy made of carbon, calcium, and chromium. Chromium is the material which offers bright and reflective property of the steel. It is a very lightweight metal but yet very strong. That is what makes men want to try these rings as they do not get damaged due to the rough daily work they do outdoors. No wonder this metal is commonly used to make kitchenware and other items. Watches that are made out of stainless steel are also gaining popularity among men. Steel is also anti-corrosive and not easy to tarnish making it an excellent choice for men who do not want to wear delicate rings which bend or break easily. Steel due to its durability does not bend or get damaged easily. Considering all these features, men prefer steel as it can last long with very little maintenance.
● Macho designs: There are various macho designs which suit men of all types. This metal when worn shows off a tough masculine side of you which cannot be seen in other metals like gold or silver. It also emits an energetic vibe, and thus many prefer to use it in their wedding rings apart from bracelets and watches.
● Hypoallergenic: Many men are allergic to gold and silver, meaning, they develop skin irritations due to some chemicals used in the preparation of these metals. But the same cannot be said about stainless steel as they have hypoallergenic features in them and therefore safe for use. Any man can wear stainless steel rings all through their lives without worrying about skin irritations.
● Inexpensive: This is perhaps the most alluring aspect for most men, stainless steel is inexpensive. That does not mean it looks cheap, it is elegant to look at and has trendy designs. The property of this metal makes it easy to manufacture and hence you get much variety of designs along with custom made for you.
As with any other thing, stainless steel also has a few drawbacks.
● It is critical to know that you cannot resize a ring that is made out of this metal and hence you should ensure you get your finger measured correctly.
● Exposure to chlorine will make the metal lose its shine and hence should not be worn while swimming.
● The rings made out of this metal may lose it sheen and needs to be polished to look elegant.